Five Things a Man don’t like in a Wife
– A Woman who will cuckold her Husband
– She who carries false Tales from one to another
– She who will be drunk before her Husband
– She who runs her Husband in Debt without his Knowledge
– She who pretends to love her Husband, but loves another better
And for the sake of equality….
Five Sorts of Husbands a Woman don’t like
– A quarrelsome Husband
– A jealous Husband
– A drunken Husband
– A Spendthrift
– One who is running after Whores, when he has a good honest Wife at home
So, gist is….
LADIES: No sleeping around, irresponsible boozing, or unnecessary shopping trips on your husband’s credit card.
GENTS: No sleeping around, irresponsible boozing, or unnecessary spending.
Hmmm. Maybe not so ridiculous after all.
From ‘The Five Strange Wonders of the World’ (c1785). Courtesy…
View original post 5 more words
3 thoughts on “Five Things a Man Don’t Like in a Wife, 1785”
Pretty much sums it up, Good marriage, no drinking spending or sleeping around. I have one more to add,,,, Keep a job……
LOL. Some things never change!
And may I say never will; thankfully 🙂